Acne is caused because of hormonal changes. The youth and teens are mostly affected with it especially when the teens are undergoing puberty. However, anyone can have acne for different reasons. When the hair follicles are clogged with oil released from the sebaceous glands and dead skin cells is when you get acne. The root cause for most people suffering with acne lies in their genetics. Conventional creams do not get proper results. But there are some face packs made from natural ingredients that can help to clear your skin of acne.
Sandalwood and Rose Water Face Pack
Mix 1 tablespoon of sandalwood powder with 2 tablespoons of rose water and apply generously on your face. Let it sit for 20 minutes and then wash it off with water. Apply this mask thrice a week.
Sandalwood has anti-bacterial and astringent properties. Rose water on the other hand has anti-inflammatory properties and helps in calming down an itchy skin. It is also a wonderful cleanser and removes the oil and dirt that clog the skin pores.
Turmeric and Aloe Vera Face Pack
Mix 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gelwith ½ tablespoon of turmeric powder and apply the mixture over your face. Wash it off after 20 minutes. Use the mask twice a week.
Aloe vera has anti-inflammatory properties because of two hormones gibberellins and auxin. Turmeric like aloe vera is anti-inflammatory and also has antioxidants which clean clogged pores on skin. It also decreases oxidation and the curcumin present in it heals the skin making it an excellent scar healing ingredient.
Tomato and Pomegranate Face Pack
Blend together 2 tablespoons of pomegranate seeds and ½ tomato and make a smooth paste. Apply the paste on your face and leave it to dry for 20 minutes. Wash it off with water. Use the mask thrice a week.
Pomegranates are rich in antioxidants and they reduce the effect of free radicals on our body. It contains anti-ageing compounds and helps in repairing the skin surface. Tomato lessens the redness caused by acne. It contains lycopene which boost the production of collagen and repairs your skin.
While these face packs can help you with acne problems and keep your face clean and clear you should also try homeopathic treatment for acne. Homeopathy treats problems from the root and helps in getting rid of it completely.
Homeopathy – A More Permanent Approach to Treating Acne
Homeopathy classifies acne into two – inflammatory and non-inflammatory. It digs into the symptoms further before giving the patient medicines. It is the inflammatory ones that are more annoying and painful and usually classified into – pustules, cysts, papules and nodules. Non-inflammatory are whiteheads and blackheads.
Below is a List of Best Homeopathic Medicines for Acne
- Kali Bromatum – Pimples that are bluish red in colour, pustular and located on face, shoulders and chest are usually treated with Kali Bromatum. This medicine also heals scars that are left back by acne.
- Silicea – Pustular acne located on forehead which is very itchy is treated with Silicea. Cystic acne is also treated with Silicea.
- PulsatillaNigricans – This works best for women suffering with acne especially because of irregularities in periods. Girls suffering with acne during puberty and those who get acne because of poor food eating habits are also prescribed PulsatillaNigricans.
- Natrum Mur and AntimoniumCrudum – Both the medicines work best on acne that occurs on the cheeks.
- Psorinum – This is one of the best homeopathic medicines for acne. It works of for all types of acne. Psorinum helps in decreasing the oil secretion from the sebaceous glands and treats acne from its roots.
There are many more good homeopathic medicines that are prescribed for acne that are caused because of different reasons and show different symptoms. It is best that you visit a skilled doctor such as Dr.Morlawar’s and have your treatment done.