Arthritis is a painful disease of the joints. It occurs when there is a reduction of cartilage, a connective tissue, in the joints. It is usually seen in people who are of the age 65 and more but it doesn’t mean the lesser aged adults, teens or even children cannot have it. The two types of arthritis are rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis; although there are more types but these two are the most common ones. Those who are suffering from arthritis should have the knowledge of some do’s and don’ts so they can cope with it.
- Visit your doctor regularly and explain everything about the discomfort that you are undergoing. A doctor thoroughly understands the condition of arthritis and he knows what medicines and advice to give to you. Beside ingestible medicines, they will also prescribe ointments/cream to be applied over the joints where you experience pain.
- Quit smoking because the toxins present in smoke stresses the connective tissue that leads to extreme joint pains.
- Always exercise, you need to keep your joints moving. One should consult a therapist who would teach you to postures of moving correctly. Rigorous exercises should be avoided. Movement helps in reducing the stiffness, strengthens the muscles and betters the range of motion.
- Lose weight because overweight just adds to the problem and creates complications. However, weight loss should also be done gradually.
- Massage helps in decreasing the pain you can have a therapist do this for you. If you learn the techniques then you can do it yourself.
- Heat and cold pads are extremely helpful. Taking hot showers or immersing them in warm water help in relieving the pain from joints. Heat pads shouldn’t be used for more than 20 minutes. Ice packs also help in calming the sore muscles.
- Acupuncture done from an experienced acupuncturist is also a great way to keep the pain down.
- Over-exercising is bad for you –running, aerobics, rigorous games, aerobics etc. should be avoided.
- Don’t neglect your doctor’s visits if you are feeling better. It may flare-up for worse.
- You may be suffering from a disease but it doesn’t mean that you have a negative attitude towards life and take the stress. A pessimistic attitude is the last thing that you need to have here.
How Does Homeopathy Help in Curing Arthritis
Homeopathy has a completely different way of treating arthritis. The homeopath doctors use the theory of individualization and the symptoms comparison using a general approach. Removing all the symptoms and signs because of which an individual is suffering is how a person can be cured of this condition. Homeopathy aims not only in curing arthritis but also sees to the cause and vulnerability of the individual to the condition. The medicines for arthritis are prescribed based on the sensation, cause, location, diagnosis and the level of pain. A qualified and experienced homeopathy doctor should be approached. Here are some treatments that the doctors prescribe their patients suffering from arthritis – Colchium, Bryonia Alba, Calcaria Carb, Hypercium, Benzoic Acid, Kalmia lot, Ledum pal and Guaiacum.
Every medicine is given for different conditions. For instance, Hypercium is for those who are suffering from rheumatoid arthritis. It works effectively for nerve pain. Guaiacum, on the other hand, is meant for gouty abscesses of joints. Explaining the doctor in detail about the pain helps in right diagnosis.
Arthritis may be a difficult condition but there are many people who are surviving it by being optimistic. Being a pessimist will only make you more dull and gloomy and because you ponder over your condition you will just make it worse. Instead, enjoy your life while also taking proper care of yourself.