Acne treatment depends on whether you have a mild, moderate, or severe type of acne. Applying prescription antibiotic gels, creams, or lotions is the treatment in most cases. Homeopathic medications for Acne or pimples are given by taking into consideration the entire constitutional setup of the patient. In homeopathy, illness is considered as a holistic phenomenon and not just restricted to a specific part, and so homeopathy treats the vital force of the body that drives the person rather than just providing symptomatic relief. Homeopathy is highly effective for acne. Here are a few medicines that are prescribed by practicing homeopaths for acne.
- Pulsatilla - One of the best Homeopathic medicines for Pimples or Acne due to rich food.
- Hepar Sulphur - In cases where the eruptions are painful and more in the form of boils or abscesses.
- Silicea-Silicea is effective in cases where pus formation is the norm.
- Natrum Mur - First choice if the acne is from increased secretion of sebum.
- Nux Vomica - In cases where acne may have resulted from or is accompanied by gastric disturbances.
Homeopathic remedies for acne depend on the right medicine, right dosage and right potency. It makes sense to get oneself treated from an experienced Homeopathic doctor and not resort to self medication.
Acne vulgaris (or simply acne) is one of the five most common skin conditions. It is a long-term skin disease that occurs when hair follicles become clogged with dead skin cells and oil from the skin. It generally affects teenagers and young adults between the age of 12 and 25, but some older and younger people are also affected. Acne primarily affects the face, upper part of the chest, and back.
Symptoms include blackheads; whiteheads, pimples, and greasy skin, if severe result in scarring. Genetics is thought to be the cause in 80% of cases. About 8 out of 10 teenagers develop some form of acne, often mild.
- Examination of the affected area
- Medical History
- Medication History