Treatment of a topic dermatitis is typically with moisturizers and steroid creams. Antibiotics may be required if there are signs of skin infection. Allergy is the manifestation of a hyperactive immunity. Hence, in homeopathy, the stress is on improving the poor or the weak immune system. Homeopathic cures for Eczema include:
- Graphites - One of the best Homeopathic medicines for Eczema or atopic dermatitis with thick oozing.
- Mezereum - When there is formation of a crust, more so on the head.
- Hepar Sulphur - In cases, where suppuration or pus formation is most marked.
- Dulcamara - For eruptions that aggravate in the cold damp weather.
- Sulphur - If there is intense burning along with itching in the eczematous parts.
However, it is advised to not take any homeopathic remedy without consulting a certified homeopathic practitioner.
Eczema, also known as Dermatitis, is a group of diseases that results in inflammation of the skin. The group consists of atopic dermatitis, allergic contact dermatitis, irritant contact dermatitis, and stasis dermatitis.
These diseases are characterized by itchiness, red skin, and a rash. The exact cause of Dermatitis is often unclear.
Atopic dermatitis is common in children, but can occur at any age. Irritant dermatitis often occurs on the hands of people who frequently get them wet. Allergic contact dermatitis can occur when a person is briefly exposed to specific substances to which he/she is sensitive/allergic.
There is no need for a special test to diagnose eczema. Mere physical examination is enough to determine eczema!