The homeopathic treatment for losing weight is constitutional. It requires a detailed case history of the patient and its evaluation for selecting a suitable constitutional remedy. Some of the effective homeopathic medicines to lose weight are:
- Calcarea Carbonica - It is mainly prescribed when there is excess fat in the abdomen and the metabolism is working at a very low pace.
- Natrum Mur - It is recommended when there is an excess of fat mainly in the thighs and buttocks as compared to other parts of the body.
- Lycopodium - The patients who require Lycopodium are chronic sufferers of gastric troubles like flatulence and constipation.
- Nux Vomica - It is prescribed for persons who have gained excess weight due to sedentary habits.
- Antimonium Crudum - This medicine mainly prescribed for obese children.
As usual, any homeopathic medication should be used only under the supervision of a certified homeopathic practitioner.
Obesity is a medical condition in which excess body fat has accumulated to the extent that it may have a negative effect on health. If a person's body weight is at least 20% higher than it should be, he or she is considered obese. The ideal weight for your height is given by Body Mass Index (BMI). If your BMI is between 25 and 29.9, you are considered overweight. If your BMI is 30 or over you are considered obese.
Obesity is a leading preventable cause of death worldwide. It is viewed as one of the most serious public health problems of the 21st century. Obesity is more common in women than men.
Obesity is most commonly caused by a combination of excessive food intake, lack of physical activity, and genetic susceptibility. It is mostly preventable through a combination of social changes and personal choices.
- Increase in weight
- Accumulation of fat around the waist, thighs, underarms, and buttocks
- Body mass index above 25
- Breathing problems
- High cholesterol and BP
- Joint pains
- Physical Examination
- Hormone Test
- Medical History
- BMI Calculation