Homeopathy is far more effective in the treatment of psoriasis. Homeopathy being a natural system of medicine, it treats the person in a holistic manner. There is more focus on the individual as a whole rather than just on the diseased part. It invokes the immune system either to increase its function or to reduce it especially in case of psoriasis. Here are a few homeopathic remedies that are prescribed by practicing homeopaths for psoriasis.
- Graphites - One of the best homeopathic remedies for psoriasis with constipation.
- Mezereum - First choice for Psoriasis of head and the scalp.
- Arsenic Iodatum - In cases where the patches of psoriasis are varied in color.
- Sepia - When there is foul odor from the eruptions and the affected area.
- Thyroidinum - In cases where obesity is a concomitant symptom of Psoriasis.
Although various homeopathic remedies are listed above, it is of utmost importance to consult a certified homeopathic practitioner before taking them.
Psoriasis is one of the most persistent skin disorders. Psoriasis causes cells to build up rapidly on the surface of the skin. The extra skin cells form thick, silvery scales and are typically red, itchy, and scaly. Psoriasis typically occurs on the knees, elbows, and scalp and it can also affect the torso, palms, and soles of the feet.
Psoriasis signs and symptoms vary from person to person, but generally include one or more of the following:
- Red patches of skin covered with silvery scales
- Small scaling spots, common in children
- Dry, cracked skin that may bleed
- Itching, burning or soreness
- Thickened, pitted or ridged nails
- Swollen and stiff joints
Psoriasis is a persistent, long-lasting (chronic) disease. The primary goal of treatment is to stop the skin cells from growing so quickly. While there isn't a cure, psoriasis treatments may offer significant relief.
- Physical examination
- Medical History
- Skin Biopsy